I’ll just pick out a few for tomorrow and I’m conscious that the weather is likely to play a part so betting will be sparse. Remarkably, Kempton is good to soft, soft in places but I’d like to see for myself what the going is really like.
- 12.50 2m Hurdle (Class 2) – Sgt Reckless could well dent the reputations of the two leading him in the betting.
- 1.25 2m 4f Novices’ Chase (Class 3) I fancy Urbain de Sivola to turn over the favourite.
- 2.00 3m Novices’ Chase (Feltham) (Class 1) One of my favourite races of the year but not the best field this time. It’s a re-run of Newbury and I can’t see Third Intention getting the better of Just A Par.
- 2.35 2m Hurdle (Christmas Hurdle) (Class 1) It’s a match and I’m with My Tent Or Yours to get the better of The New One to install himself as favourite for (but not winner of) the Champion Hurdle.
- 3.10 3m Chase (King George) (Class 1) Nine runners but what a race!! I’m opposing Cue Card and Dynaste so that leaves it to the Nicholls’ runners and on this occasion (but not for Cheltenham) I’m with Al Ferof because I think conditions will suit him better at Kempton.
- 12.20 2m 2f Maiden Hurdle I’m looking forward to watching Clondaw Court become a serious player for the rest of the season but without a penny bet.
- 1.20 2m Hurdle (Grade 2) The same applies for Anafilet – a penalty kick and before this race half the price of the next favourite for the Triumph Hurdle.
- 2.55 2m 1f Novices’ Chase (Grade 1) Another showcase for WP with the unopposable Champagne Fever (currently 3/1 with the next 10/1 for the Arkle) presumably putting in a show, as on his last outing.
Wetherby (Good to Soft)
- 1.45 3m 1f Chase (Class 1) (Rowland Meyrick) This is a way below average renewal and an easy Grade 3 chance for the deserving Tullamore Dew with Sydney Paget the threat.
What a day’s racing. Can’t wait!!